|Documents required for the claim settlement of Rural Life Insurance Scheme|
1. Rural Life Insurance Death Claim Form (Form No. 2) dully filled and signed by
competent Local Government Authority with seal.
2. Money Receipt copy issued to the head of the family.
3. Death Certificate (If the death is outside the Health facility, the death certificate
from the Local Government Authority).
4. Citizenship Identity Card copy of deceased and Claimant (If the identity proof is not
there, letter from the Geog/Thromde as identity proof).
5. For Missing Case: Indemnity Bond (Form No. 3) and Police Report.
6. Citizenship Identity Card copy of Authorized person (In case if the cheque is issued
in favour of Local Government Authority/Third person).
SOP FOR CLAIMS:
1. The Rural Life Insurance Claim Form (Form No. 2) should be filled up properly as outlined in the claim form. The claim form shall be signed by competent Local Government Authority with seal.
The claimant and competent Local Government Authority cannot be a same person. Branch/RO/HO shall not entertain issuing cheque in favour of Local Government Authority or any third person.
If we have to issue cheque in favour of Local Government Authority/Third person, submit Authorization letter duly signed and witnessed. CID copy of Authorized person should be attached.
2. The Money Receipt copy should be submitted along with claim form. Cross check the money receipt number written on the proposal form and the money receipt number of the claimant.
3. Death Certificate is also mandatory requirement. If the death is outside the Health facility, submit the death certificate from the Local Government Authority.
4. ID card copy of deceased and Claimant are also required. If claimant fails to produce ID copy of Claimant and deceased, you may get it from G2C. If the identity proof is not there,
you may ask for a letter from the Geog/Thromde as identity proof.
5. For Missing Case: Indemnity Bond (Form No. 3) and Police Report must be submitted besides normal requirement.
6. The Claims Form shall be signed by any of the following officials: Gup, Mangmi, Elected Representative of Dzongkhag Thromde, Elected Representative of Yenla Throm, Thrompon of Gyelyong Thromde/Tshogpa.